Starting Small





Never be afraid to start small because its shows courage! Do you know how many out there with “world changing ideas” but are afraid to share them? But you sister girl went ahead and started with a little, so therefore, be proud of yourself and don’t let those  mean comments bring you down. Starting small in my own opinion demonstrates bravery. The multimillion dollars companies you are seeing today started somewhere in someone’s mind and then proceeded into a basement,  a garage or a kitchen even and then  gradually to the world .
Today’s world largest search engine  , Google started as a research project for two  graduates of Stanford . The Walt Disney, started in a car garage by two siblings. And so is the story of many other big companies today.

I know some of you have those big ideas but you are waiting until you “hammer”. How will you hammer without starting from somewhere? I know some people have been lucky enough that they won a lottery, some singing competition etc and boom! They are out there. But how long will you wait for that magic to happen? Just go ahead and start. Be proud of yourself when you do and tap yourself on the back and say well done my friend. Encourage yourself when people don’t. It doesn’t matter if people around you are laughing. They don’t know your vision so you don’t expect them to run it with you. Another thing is that those who laugh at you when you start, do it out of envy and jealousy. They  invidia your boldness!

I believe that emphasis should be laid on growth and not how  small one is starts . I focus on growth  because can you imagine birthing a child and seven years later he/she is still the same as a new born? Meh! If you are from a country like mine, you would  be told to take that child for deliverance  that maybe he/she is a witch. And believe you me, I’d do my own deliverance for that child before those suggestions😂😂😂.  So yah, critics should be made at this point and not at the beginning. And even at this juncture, I don’t think anyone has the right to make mean statements about the individual. My advice would be ;start small but set smart goals. Have long and short term goals on how you are going to take business, project, etc to the next level.

Yah, I know at this point you are probably thinking 💭 what should we do then? POSITIVE CRITICISM! That’s it. Do not criticize people without giving them constructive feedbacks. Criticize and point out specific issues and make suggestions on how things should had been done and the way forward. I don’t know if it is only me but I really hate it when people tell me how bad I have done something without telling how they think I should had done it or what I should do next time. Suggesting ways one  could had done something makes a big difference than just ranting about the entire thing. Even research shows that affirmative  and constructive feedbacks increases productivity in an organization. Try and always strike a balance when giving feedbacks.

Starting small can be very difficult especially if all  your peers are already out there making a name for themselves. But always remember this saying “ A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step”.
 Don’t feel daunted, start today and tomorrow you might be the big story. Look at the bigger picture and don’t let the present obstacles  stop you from reaching your destiny.

Image credit:www.agriculturers.com

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Flickr Images